Translate

Monday 13 May 2013

Sugar Plum Fairy

Last one from me for a while I suspect as I am off on holiday on Thursday :0) Going to Salsa and Mojito my way through Cuba!!

This is another layout completed during Jennifer Grace's fabulous Onwards and Upwards event.

This time it was a recipe challenge....nice!!

Here’s the recipe:

1 small square photo (you can crop down a larger photo) or square element
Something shiny or sparkly
Some encouraging / uplifting / happy words
At least one sticker (alphas don’t count for this)
At least 3 stars
Some yellow!
One stamp.

and here is my take:

I made myself a mini kit of muted tones (been using far too many primary colours recently!) added in the yellow re the recipe and I love the combo!! Papers are Studio Calico, MME, Bazill, Glitz and American Crafts - all 6 x 6 pads

I cut the fairy on the Silhouette, MME sticker, pin and chipboard. The stars are a Memory Box die. This part of the page flips up to read the journaling

more of that Safmat

Prima stamp

Homemade glitter tape (thanks for the tip Jennifer!) 
I really enjoyed making this one, pottering about finding bits and bobs to meet the recipe :0)

Thanks for popping in today, see you in a couple of weeks!!

Ali x 

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ali! I love the sequins, and the bow tied in the string on the right-hand tag. I can see we like the same products too - I love how you used the yellow-hearts paper, the yellow & white washi, and the glitter tape, I have all of these in my stash! The sepia photo is cool too.

    Thanks so much for entering the challenge and I hope you have a wonderful holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a STUNNER & my new fave....just sooo delicious...those tags are sensational & I like how you fold up to reveal the journaling. Wellies, eh...now THERE'S an individual look!!!!!!!!! BTW, thanks for the blog love. Feeling a wee bit better about that page now:):)!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY the dancing. But MIND the knee!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait 'til you're back to scrap Cuba....sounds fascinating:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The colours. The layers. The sweet sprinkling of stars...And the girl has the most delightful smile!

    Enjoy your vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice page - I really love the colors you've used with such restraint. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw such a cutie! I am just in love with all those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sweet layout, and I adore your scrap style. Gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)