Translate

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Frosted Designs #45 'Hugs and Kisses'

Hello,

got another of Karin's wonderful sketches over at Frosted Designs to play with today :0)

I had a great time messing about with paste, inks, mists and paint!! The overall effect is a lot 'busier' than I would normally go for, but as the sketch took up most of the page I tried to stay true to it, whilst sticking to my style (ish)

The photo is of my youngest cousin and me in 1983. I didn't have as close a bond with this little dot as I did with her brothers and sisters, a. because I was in my late teens when she was born and was out and about all the time and b. I had DD#1 when she was only 4.....hard to believe 2 years after this photo I was a Mummy...I am but a child myself!!!!

As the years have gone by she and I have become really close and having just returned from a 6 month trip around the world I can not wait to give her lots of hugs and kisses :0)

Papers are American Crafts - the old Dear Lizzy line.

The yellow circle is a Prima mask painted, misted and flicked with ink. American Crafts brad

A wooden flower inked, another of my punched tags and a super old Basic Grey chipboard heart and button! More paint flicking and messing about :0)

Pearl embossing paste and acrylic paint through a mask and then I inked through a dotty mask.

Title was cut on the Silhouette....don't know about you but I can't stop using mine these days...they have such brilliant weekly bargains!!! Final little flourish was the blue pearls.

Thanks so much to Karin for providing us with this little beauty to play with:



and thanks to you for popping in today :0)

Ali x 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous li'l heart giraffe button...& the xo's at the bottom of the page...great idea! Nice that you've gotten closer as you've 'matured':):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet page - right down to the punched holes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paint flicking and messing about is really wonderful!! love the punched wholes and the sweet sweet feel to your page! the dresses are really so cute too! Woohoo is that hottie in the picci you?! sure remember the hairdo :)) xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)