Translate

Thursday 17 May 2012

Memory File Album 'This Year'

It is my god-daughter's birthday on Saturday (and my Dad's - told you it was a busy old month!!) Every year I make her a mini album of the previous year. Her Mummy always says it's the present she (Mummy) looks forward to the most! LOL

I started off making a basic old 8 x 8 but quickly lost my mojo, then remembered how much I had enjoyed making GDG's birthday album. (click here to see it) A plan was flowing! This time I did use a proper Heidi Swapp Memory File but got a little heavy handed with the mist, a la Heidi, without the same mess free results lol. Tons of wipes, kitchen roll and swearing later this little baby was born :0)

I make no apology for this being totally lifted from HS' blog - I loved it!!!

phrase cut on Silhouette and Pro Markered to be ombre stylie - hard to see on the photo.

chipboard flower glittered with hearts 



mini photo albums that open to the side as well as ones that lift up

6 x 12 page protectors sewn into the album...again an idea from HS Create to Remember. Swinging photo mats (there are another 2 behind this one) that are attached by a brad and punched for better movement. The 'snapshots' photo mat is a pocket for them to sit in.

I sewed photo mats into the album too

a birthday message to my girl on the back page
 Most of the patterned paper is from a Cosmo 6 x 6 pad Tea for Two.

Thanks for popping in,

Ali x 

1 comment:

  1. .....& soooo different from this years.....but of course, I'm loving the stronger colours...I think you've gotten a more delicate touch in the last 12 months....& I actually still have some of that H Swapp scallop paper on your cover!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)