Translate

Sunday 15 January 2012

CSI Case File #2 'Dream Big'

Hello all,

I am sooo excited about the new CSI challenge site and as soon as I saw that Case #2 was up I went straight to it! Loved the colour palette, except for the dreaded purple (well ok, lavender!)

I fiddled around for ages with lavender papers but no matter how I try I just can not bring myself to love it. Bearing in mind there were 5 colours that had to be used, I am not sure why I honed in on the colour I least like - maybe, subconsciously, I was forcing myself to go out of my comfort zone. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I ditched the papers and took out my Cosmic Shimmer as I had the perfect reddy pink.

If you haven't visited yet, have a look at the new challenge here

So, here is my layout (with the tiniest bit of lavender!) along with my 'evidence'

 

Colour palette - check!
 Photo is of DH and DGD in the garden. DGD had phoned for a chat and when I told her we were sweeping all the leaves up and cutting down the tree she wanted to 'help'. So DD#1 brought her round for an afternoon of Autumn family fun :0)

Here is the dreaded lavender, not sure you can see from the photo but it has been embossed  with a brick folder. The crochet flower is from iamroses.com and the die cut circle is Marianne Designs. The circle is October Afternoon '5 and Dime' and the Damask paper is Glitz Designs 'Hoopla'

The journaling had to be about dreams. I have used Ali Edwards stamps within my handwriting. The sticker is Gliz Designs. Flourishes were another requirement so I used part of a border stamp from Pink Paislee 'Daily Junque' The paper is from Glitz Designs 'Hoopla'

Another element of the challenge was to use sheers (I am assuming that is what we call acetate????)  so I die cut a Pink Paislee acetate sheet 'Sweetness' using the Tim Holtz butterfly die and then punched a Martha Stewart butterfly to go on top. The Glitzer sticker is also sheer with diamante already attached to it from Glitz Designs. The brad, which is yellow in real life. is from My Minds Eye 'Lost and Found'

I used a grid mask from That Special Touch to represent an architectural element and misted through it  with Cosmic Shimmer 'Lava Red'

Flowers were another element to be included these ones are soooo old! The sheer one is from Heidi Swapp and the dotty one is Petaloo (I think)  The butterfly stamp is Ali Edwards and the glittered photo holder is from an old box of Crate Paper 'Mia' die cuts.
I can not believe how much my scrapbooking is evolving since finding this site, and the best bit?? I am using up my stash!!! Still a long way to go before I can buy any new stuff, still I am sticking to my word of 2012 and UTILISING :0)

Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day!

Ali x 

5 comments:

  1. Such a delightful photo and page, Ali! So happy you've joined CSI, and I look forward to more of your pages in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, I am with you for some reason I always tune into the colour I least like, but from doing this over time with the colour palettes I have eventually made piece with those colours...lol if that make sense. I rarely use purples on my pages for some reason its a fave colour of mine but not when I scrap. Your page turned out lovely and I love the photo as well, not too mention your journalling. So glad you have played along and look forward to seeing more of your work in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...nicely done! Love the masking and misting...soooo artsy! Love the sweet photo! And fabulous little details! :)

    Have a fabulous week ahead Ali!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this misting with the grid. Wow. Awesome! Such a fun and pretty page. She is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali, thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving me those kind words, I really appreciate it!

    What a fabulous page! I love how you made the background, looks so great, the design is just perfect and I LOVE the happy photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)